Institutional Scholarships & Awards
The institutional in-house scholarships/awards are for the students of B. Pharm, M. Pharm and Pharm D programmes. It is a scheme to rejoice the achievement of students at university as well as college level examinations apart from the government scholarships.
As the institute is catering to the best educational services in rural area like Enikepadu in Vijayawada, the following scholarships have been established to aid and motivate the students from low income families.
- Sri Sivarama Krishnaiah (SRK) Merit Award
- Smt. Vijaya Scholarship
- To provide financial help to young students who are economically weak and meritorious
- To encourage students who do not receive any financial assistance from government/NGO schemes
- To promote, campaign and encourage the interest in order to celebrate their achievement
SRK Merit Award
To appreciate excellence in academics and inculcate healthy competition among the peers, this award is formulated. The main criterion of this scheme is to provide a concession in the College fee to the toppers of institute enrolled for M. Pharm course.
Donor: SRK Foundation, Enikepadu, Vijayawada – 521108
Value of Endowment: Concession in College Fee and College Registration Fee
The College Management Committee shall be the administrator of the said award.
Beneficiary: Every year the merit award shall be awarded to the student who from amongst the candidates of Vijaya Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences has obtained highest marks in B. Pharm and studies M. Pharm in the same institution.
Other Conditions of the SRK Merit Award are as follows:
- Candidate should have passed all the examinations of B. Pharm in the first attempt
- If the first merit candidate is not eligible or available, it shall be awarded to the second merit candidate.
- The candidate should have satisfactory performance in attendance. In an academic year; it should not be less than 90%.
- In case two or more candidates are being scrutinized the award shall be given to the youngest in age among them.
- The award shall be tenable for ten months of one academic year.
After the declaration of final results of B. Pharm examination from JNTUK, Kakinada the forms shall be invited from the students with mark sheet, which will be scrutinized by the internal examination and assessment committee who has to forward their suggestions to the Institutional Development Committee (IDC).
Smt. Vijaya Scholarship
Value of Endowment: Concession in College Bus Fee and Hostel Fee
Award: Concession in college bus fee per month for ten months in one academic year
Every year the award shall be bestowed to the student of Vijaya Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences who is economically poor and meritorious
Donor: SRK Foundation, Enikepadu, Vijayawada - 521108
The College Management Committee shall be the administrator of the said Scholarship.
Other Conditions to avail Vijaya Scholarship Award:
- Candidate must have completed her Intermediate or equivalent examination with 90% and above at the time of admission
- Candidate must belong to a low-income group/single parent family
- For the renewal of scholarship, candidate must have 90% attendance and must not have backlogs
All matters regarding the awards shall be finalized by the Institutional Development Committee and given decision shall be final.