Scientific Research Committee with Principal as the Head makes policies regarding matters related to research within the institute. The purpose of the Research Policy is to create an enthusiastic and focused environment of research among faculty and researchers at the institute.
- To promote quality research culture within the institution
- To provide the essential support and infrastructure as per research framework and guidelines
- To ensure that publications are made in quality journals, indexed in Scopus/Web of Science and / or with high impact factor
- To promote research that will be of use to the society with a scope for commercialization
- To bring in interdisciplinary collaborations and partnerships nationally
- To organize and conduct seminars/workshops/conferences with resource persons of national and international repute
Policy and Guidelines
- Scientific Research Committee is responsible for all the research activities at the institute, which will be co-ordinated by the respective HoD and other senior members of faculty.
- The research must bring in the potential to generate patents, must be of social and commercial use and may also lead to further research.
- Faculty and researchers must take up research which may lead to quality presentations and publications at national and international Journals and conferences of repute. Impact factor provided by Thomson Reuters is in consideration and the institution encourages publications in journals indexed in PubMed, Scopus/Web of Science.
- Every researcher must demonstrate high ethical standards of conduct at the time of carrying out his/her research. They must follow the research ethics and plagiarism is considered a serious offence. Every researcher must have integrity and possess academic honesty, and a breach of this may follow appropriate disciplinary action.
- The institution provides funds to conduct and also to attend seminars/workshops/conferences/faculty development programmes at national and international levels.
- Principal along with the committee will review the output of the research being carried out at the institution periodically, and may suggest required amendments, if any.